THE UNIQUE STORY, AS TOLD BY THE HOMEOWNER
This house came about during the first lockdown in Belgium. The owner was walking through his garden when he stumbled upon this quiet spot. There was only a tree standing there. The owner, found this place relaxing and pleasant, imagined building a cabin there.
Then his neighbour joined him, a specialist in wooden caravans. Soon a good cooperation developed between these two. The hut was conceived by the owner and created by his neighbor. The two friends build the cabin from A to Z.
Initially, the owner wanted to preserve the tree, the only one in this part of the garden, in the middle of the hut, but unfortunately this was not possible for waterproofing reasons. However, his neighbour managed to integrate the tree into the terrace, right next to a Scandinavian bath.
After a few months, the owner realized that his tree house was rather symmetrical and he didn't like it. So he asked his neighbor, who has since become a friend, to "break down this terrible symmetry." To this end, the right side was extended, the door moved and the living room rearranged. This change made the living room impressively larger.
The cabin was a beautiful and lengthy project that took 6 months and was constantly changing until the last day. The homeowner used beautiful materials and provides maximum comfort to its tenants. Many couples must have been impressed, as several Belgian couples chose this wooden cabin for their honeymoon because they could not go abroad.
- This wooden cabin, almost 2.5 meters above ground, features a large terrace with a Scandinavian hot tub. It is located in a very quiet area and is ideal for nature lovers
- Enjoy walks through the forest (1 km) or a canoe trip on the Ourthe River (500 m)
- The 'smallest city in the world', Durbuy, is located nearby and hosts numerous fun attractions. This place with a unique identity is surrounded by water and forests and fun events are organized throughout the year. The ''Land of Durbuy'' has 18 archaeological sites and 29 beautiful nature reserves
- Visit the Chateau de Petite Somme, better known as Radhadesh. This 12th century castle combines the Middle Ages with Eastern culture and guided tours are offered
- Just relax in the sauna or the Scandinavian hot tub and enjoy pure relaxation in the middle of nature. Because the residence is on private property you can enjoy ultimate privacy here
- The kitchen is equipped with a sink, a stove and an oven and the living room is furnished with 2 comfortable sofas with storage space
- The mezzanine is equipped with a comfortable double bed and a chest of drawers to store things